Single Step Preview Magnet Program Toolbox
Here you will find all the tools you need to make your Magnet Program Fundraiser a success!
Program OverviewSupply Box Arrives
- Read the Coordinator Guide
- Deliver the art paper & art instructions to the teachers who will oversee artwork creation
- Share the program schedule/deadlines with your teacher(s)
- Build excitement and advertise your program
- Announce using your newsletter, social media and website
- Create an eye catching display of products
- Send “Look What’s Coming” letter home to families
- For best results, use the 8.5” x 11” art paper provided
- Refer to the Art Instructions for recommended media and tips
- Use pencil only when writing on the back of the artwork
- Write student name, teacher, and grade
- Indicate orientation by putting a “T” on the back at the “TOP”
- Ship on schedule
- Complete Shipping Form A
- Use prepaid UPS label
- Be sure to stay on schedule
- Send home family packets containing the order form and preview magnet, and information on how to order
- Order form and payment is returned to school
- Unpurchased magnets are returned to school
- Organize by class and grade
- Ship on schedule
- Complete Shipping Form B
- Use prepaid UPS label
Find all the required documents for your Preview Magnet Program.
Parent Product Flyer
- English Version
- Spanish Version
- Click here for printable version
- Share Link: https://www.originalworks.com/productos/
Look What’s Coming Letter
Use this letter to announce the program to families. We suggest you send it home approximately 1 week prior to sending home artwork/order packets. If you can’t copy/print the letter in color, consider copying it on brightly colored paper so that parent’s notice.
Order Tracking Sheet
- Shipping Form A Magnet/Artwork Phase
- Shipping Form B Order Phase
- Shipping Form C Additional Orders
- Shipping Form F Fix-it
Use the templates below to help you make announcements
School Announcement Template– The following template can be incorporated into daily school announcements. Use it as is or modify it to suit your particular needs.
Don’t forget that we are currently running the Original Works program until __________________.
Remind your parents that now is the time to place your order. If you are interested in ordering, please bring your completed order form and payment to school no later than_________________.
If you have questions please see______________________ for additional assistance.
School Newsletter Template– The following template can be incorporated into a printed or electronic newsletter. Use it as is or modify it to suit your particular needs.
We are excited the announce that we will be partnering with Original Works art-based fundraising!
Through the program, students will create artwork that you then can have reproduced onto a variety of keepsake products. The products range from magnets to mugs and start at just $6.00.
Complete details on the program will be sent home soon. Proceeds from the program will be used to_____________. For more information on Original Works please visit their website at www.originalworks.com
Thank you for supporting this unique and creative program!
Email Template– The following template can be incorporated into an email blast. Use it as is or modify it to suit your particular needs.
The due date for the Original Works orders is approaching quickly! Final orders are due on: Insert Date Here
The Original Works Program is designed to celebrate your child’s creativity, support the (insert info here) and offer personal gifts and keepsakes featuring your child’s very own artwork.
If you have not yet sent in your order now is the time to do so! Simply follow the instructions provided on the letter in the packet that was recently sent home.
We hope you will take advantage of this special program. For questions or additional information, please contact:
Coordinator Name coordinator e-mail
Thank you for supporting our fundraiser!
Supply BoxYour supply box has arrived! This box contains everything you are going to need to run a successful program. Your supply box contains …
- Art paper
- Art Instructions
- Two (2) pre-paid UPS shipping label (stapled to brightly colored paper) Please keep this in a safe spot! You’ll need it later.
For more ideas, tips & videos- click here
It’s time to engage your students! Over the years we have found that the more excited the students are about their projects, the more excited the families will be, too.
Follow the Art Instructions to ensure a successful program. If you are unsure, please contact your Sales Representative or our Customer Service team prior to beginning artwork.
No Art Teacher on staff? Is artwork created in the individual classrooms instead of during an art class? No problem! Here is the solution …
Just 15-20 minutes a day
Typically, if artwork is to be done in the classrooms, homeroom teachers set aside a 15-20 minute period each day for one week when students may create their artwork. Be sure that each teacher has a set of art instructions prior to starting their projects.
Declaring an “Art Awareness Week” at the school ties in nicely with this dedicated time period for creating the artworks. Another great time to allow for creation of the artwork is during “Spirit Week.” Usually a second week is set aside for those students who were out during the first week or need to finish
Free lesson plans available
Our Customer Care Center has a library containing many free lesson plans for you to download. These plans are designed to be simple yet creative. You can also find ideas on our Pinterest page – www.pinterest.com/originalworks
If you have a favorite lesson plan you’d like to share, please send it to email@example.com
Additional artwork subject matter
The subject matter may reflect what the students are studying in history, science or literature. It’s easiest if each grade level has the same subject matter. Some examples:
- 1st Graders may be studying Earth Science – oceans, fish and sea life, or classifying animals into groups (birds, mammals, etc.) may be good topics.
- 3rd Graders may be covering Ecology – rain forest ecosystem, habitats, and animals may be a good direction.
- 4th Graders may be studying your state’s history or the role of industry and settlement in Social Studies – a historic event or person from your state may be the subject. Perhaps, a self-portrait dressed as a child of a specific era in your state’s history would be of interest
- 6th Graders may be covering Earth Science – oceans and marine life, weather and climate, the solar system, stars and galaxies. These make great subject matter for artwork.
Magnet PhaseOnce student artwork has been completed, it is sent to Original Works where each artwork is reproduced on a preview magnet that will be sent home with the option for families to purchase it. Remember … please stay on schedule! 1. Prepare artwork for shipment.
- Organize the artwork in folders by class & grade (your family packets will be packed & returned the same way, for easy distribution). We suggest that you place the art/folders in a plastic bag to prevent any weather damage while in transit.
- Complete & return with your artwork.
- Using the prepaid UPS label found in your supply box, send the artwork and Shipping Form A to Original Works.
- Give the package to any UPS driver OR take it to a UPS store or authorized UPS facility
Orders1. Family Packets
- Each packet includes the student’s preview magnet, order form, product flyer, and “Dear Family/Pricing Letter.”
- Send family packets home.
- Families will return order form, payment and unpurchased magnets.
- Record the number of preview magnets sold on Shipping Form B
- Make copies of the completed order forms if you would like, for your records.
- Organize the orders in folders by class & grade (your finished products will be packed and returned to you the same way, making for easy distribution).
- Complete & return Shipping Form B.
- Using the prepaid label found in your supply box, send the orders & Shipping Form B to Original Works.
Preview Magnet PurchaseFamilies wishing to purchase the Preview Magnet, simply check the box on line #1 of the Order Form and return the form with payment and keep the magnet. If the magnet is not being purchased, it should be returned to the school. Unpurchased magnets should NOT be sent back to Original Works. You will not be charged for these magnets, but we do need to know the number purchased by your families. You’ll want to track that total.
This is the most exciting time – the keepsakes have arrived and it’s time to distribute!
- Orders are shipped and will arrive at your school based on the scheduled delivery date on your program confirmation.
- Orders will be organized in the same manner that the artwork/orders were shipped to Original Works.
- A white coordinator’s envelope is included in Box # 1 of your shipment. This envelope contains your “Order Recap Report” and any artwork that could not be processed.
- Each package contains the child’s original artwork/order form, products ordered and care instructions.
Ceramic mugs will be labeled & packaged separately in the shipping boxes.
Recruit some help …
We recommend you recruit some volunteers to help with
the distribution process. Unpacking the keepsakes is FUN for everyone! Parents will love seeing the products made with the amazing artwork!
Offer volunteers the opportunity to purchase products at the wholesale price as a “Thank you.”
Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. Your invoice will be emailed to the billing contact listed on your confirmation.
- Checks made payable to Original Works.
- eCheck payments are accepted from schools running programs. We do not accept eCheck payments from parents.
- Credit card payments can be made by calling the Original Works Finance dept. at 518-584-9278, ext 305.
Questions about your invoice or payment can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Late and additional orders are common and we encourage you to send them to us for processing. These orders provide a great way to increase your program profits!
1. Collect Orders
- Late orders include both new orders and re-orders from families who ordered previously.
- If a family has ordered previously, artwork does not need to be re-sent, however, they must provide the order form number & description of the artwork from their original order so we can retrieve the artwork on file.
- Should you require an additional order form, a blank one is provided here. OW will assign an order # when it arrives.
2. Shipping Form C
- Complete and send with your orders. Your first set of late/additional orders is shipped back to the school for free. Subsequent sets of orders are subject to a nominal $10 shipping fee.
Delivery dates for late/additional orders are not guaranteed for specific arrival dates.
Encourage late orders!
All of your late/additional orders earn the same profit as
your primary order! Your first set of late/additional order is shipped back to the school for free!
Promoting a “Second Chance” is a great way to increase the profits and success of your program!
Hang posters in a prominent
Display product samples in a high-traffic area.
LOOK WHAT’S COMING LETTER!
Send copies of the “Look What’s Coming”
Announce the program in your school newsletter, on your school website and/or social media sites.
If your students, families and teachers are excited, participation will increase which leads to more profits for your program.
Consider offering incentives- these don’t have to cost anything and can be fun way to everyone involved.
- Teacher Incentives. Teachers are an integral part of your fundraiser’s success. Get teachers on board with special rewards for classroom participation.
- Ice cream party of the classroom with the highest sales
- Prize Program. Prizes are a great way to motivate students and boost participation. This can be a special privilege such as front-of-the-line passes, the role of principal for a day, or a special lunch.
- Principal Involvement. If you raise $xxx the principal will kiss a pig or wearing their pajamas to school …
SET A GOAL
Are you raising funds for your art room or maybe a new playground? Communicate that and create a poster that lets everyone know how you are doing with reaching your goal.
We’ve developed several images for your use in promoting your program. Click on the Image Library tab to access them.
We’ve developed several images for your use in promoting your program. We recommend that you hyperlink the images to our website: www.originalworks.com
(To use: Right click on an image below, and choose “Save As”)
Social Media PromotionSocial Media is a great way to create engagement and share the memories of your Original Works program. When should your post? The more often, the better. By capturing the start of your program you will begin to build excitement and anticipation that you can then feed as your program continues. Use the Image Library as your resource to promote your program throughout every step of the process. When you have an approaching deadline, start your outreach no later than a week prior. Moments to capture:
- Supply box arrival
- Artwork creation
- Product Arrival & Distribution
Although we thoroughly inspect all orders before shipping, occasionally a less than perfect order gets through. We call this a “Fix It”. If it happens with one of your orders, our friendly Customer Service team is standing by to assist.
Oops … we have a “Fix It”
If your order/product meets one or more of the following criteria, then a Form F (Fix It Form) should be submitted to Original Works:
- Material defect: hole in towel, chipped tile or mug, etc.
- Incorrect product: ordered a sketchbook and received a journal.
- Improper reproduction: artwork is reproduced upside down on product.
- Missing product: you were invoiced for a product but it was not received.
Does the artwork need to be sent back to Original Works with Shipping Form F?
YES … send the artwork back if your product has:
- Color quality issue
- Image blurriness
- Incorrect image
NO … do not send the artwork back if:
- Item is missing
- Item is damaged
- Incorrect item was made
Shipping Form F
Please complete all information and return to Original Works. We’ll process your Fix It ASAP. If you are not sending in artwork, you can email the form to email@example.com
Did You Know?
Artwork Produced “As Is”
All artwork is reproduced “As Is.” The entire 8.5” x 11” piece of artwork is captured for your keepsakes. We do not modify, crop, or alter the artist’s creation in any way.
Please don’t ask us to erase pencil marks or artist guide lines. It is best that you do this before you send the artworks to us. They will reproduce on the final products.
We hope that you will use the paper provided in your supply box. Use bold and vibrant colors. Your subject matter should fill the entire sheet of paper. Original Works will not be responsible for redoing products produced from artwork that did not comply with our stated art instructions.
Original Works keeps images on file for a fixed period of time:
- Fall programs – images are retained until March 1st
- Spring programs – images are retained until September 1st
If a Fix-It is submitted after one of these retention deadlines, please submit the original artwork.
Set a deadline date for parents to report any issues to you. This way you can submit all Fix-its at the same time.