- Provide examples of project and photographs of tropical scenes
- Discuss colors in tropical scenes – warm and cool colors, variety of vibrant colors and the variations in the shades of green
- Discuss the three parts the scene should include: foliage, water and sky
- Encourage students to mix colors and use a variety of bright colors in their scene
- Have each student look through photography and come up with ideas for their paradise scene. Students should use their imagination in creating their masterpiece.
- Create a paradise scene on a practice sheet of paper.
- Transfer the scene to the heavy white paper.
- Mix tempera paints and paint the scene. Let dry.
- Outline the whole picture with black marker, using either the fine or ultra-fine tip depending on the level of detail.
Debbie Smith – Art Instructor @ Colorado Springs, CO
- 8.5″ x 11″ white art paper
- scratch paper
- bright colored tempera paint
- black markers (fine & ultrafine) tips
- photos of tropical scenes
- samples projects