From blustery weather and breaking out the winter clothes, to the colors, smells and tastes of Thanksgiving, it’s a busy and fun time for students, teachers and parents! Check out these fun facts that will help make your November extra special!
Basic November Facts:
- November is the 11th month of the year and the last month of the Fall season.
- November has 30 days.
- Flower: Chrysanthemum
- Birthstone: Citrine and Topaz
- Zodiac signs: Sagittarius and Scorpio
- In the Roman calendar, November was the ninth month until January and February were added, causing it to move to the 11th month.
- November got its name from “novem” which is Latin for the number nine.
- On November 1, 1848 – The first Boston Female Medical School opened. The school was founded by Samuel Gregory and opened with only twelve students attending classes. However, in 1874, the all-female school united with the Boston University School of Medicine and became one of the first co-ed medical schools in American history.
- On November 4, 1922, British archaeologist Howard Carter discovered King Tut’s tomb in Luxor, Egypt. The tomb of King Tutankhamen was discovered mostly intact and contained items that are now exhibited in Egypt’s National Museum located in the city of Cairo.
- In November, our Original Works team is focused on fulfilling customer orders throughout the United States. Our team is creating cherished memories that will be delivered to recipients everywhere!
Holidays Celebrated in November
- World’s Diabetes Day
- Veterans Day
- American Indian Heritage Month
- Aviation month
- National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month
- American Diabetes Awareness Month
Celebrities Born in November
November 2 – Friend’s star David Schwimmer
November 3 – Supermodel Kendall Jenner
November 4 – Music mogul Sean Combs
November 6 – Cruella star Emma Stone
November 7 – Singer Lorde
November 10 – Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo
November 12 – Actor Ryan Gosling
November 15 – Actress Shailene Woodley
November 22 – Actress Scarlet Johansson
November 23 – Singer and actress Miley Cyrus
November 27 – Bill Nye the Science Guy
At this time, our team is also focusing on the upcoming fundraisers for schools and organizations. Learn more about how you can schedule your next fundraiser today!