Successful school art fundraising ideas can be a great way to add needed funds to your preschool, elementary school or middle school, but often members dread the process. Inspiring others to get on board isn’t always easy, but the right quote can mean the difference between grumbling and excitement. But don’t take our word for it. Here are some well-known names and what they have to say about fundraising.
Quotes About Giving/Charity
- “Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Charity and personal force are the only investments worth anything” – Walt Whitman
- “It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no person can sincerely try to help another without helping themselves.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The charity that is a trifle to us can be precious to others.” – Homer
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. ” – Winston Churchill
- “There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life – happiness, freedom, and peace of mind – are always attained by giving them to someone else.” – Peyton Conway March
- “No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.” – Maya Angelou
- “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.” – Seneca
- “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directs, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind to themselves.” – Lawrence G. Lovasik
Quotes About Fundraising
- “In good times and bad, we know that people give because you meet needs, not because you have needs.” – Kay Sprinkel Grace
- “Fundraising requires both optimism and realism. Without the first, few, if any, gift solicitation efforts would be made. Without the second, few, if any, would succeed.” – Howard L. Jones
- “We should never forget that no fundraising effort ever succeeds unless one person asks another person for money.” – Andrew D. Parker Jr.
- “Fundraising is the gentle art of teaching the joy of giving.” – Henry Rosso
- “If you need to raise funds from donors, you need to study them, respect them, and build everything you do around them.” – Jeff Brooks
- “Donors don’t give to institutions. They invest in ideas and people in whom they believe.” – G.T. Smith
- “People will forget what you said. They will forget what you did. But they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Mary Angelou
- “Complete Possession is proved only by giving. All you are unable to give possesses you.” – Andre Gide
- “To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it.” – Mother Theresa
- “I have tried raising money by asking for it, and by not asking for it. I always got more by asking for it.” – Millard Fuller
If you’re inspired to start fundraising for your school or organization and are looking for unique and successful art fundraising ideas, view our programs! Questions? Receive our free brochure or call 1-800-421-0020 to learn more about how Original Works can help you get started!